Tuesday 2 August 2016

Angie Comes Back

There are some moments that are truly heart warming when dealing with wildlife. 


Three days ago I released Angie the fledgling Wood pigeon brought to me a about 10 days ago by Angela the Dog warden. I always hope these birds survive but sometimes they fall prey to predators, being young and inexperienced as they are. However this morning after feeding the ducklings in the garden, I looked up to see Angie sitting on top of the Aviary !  The joy of seeing her return apparently unscathed was immense. I quickly gave her a handful of specially  prepared feed that she was getting during her 10 day stay, she happily filled her crop and after a gentle stroke of her breast feathers she flew up and away. Wood Pigeons are delightful , gentle and beautiful birds.

No comments: