Sunday 12 July 2015

G' Day John And Family


On behalf of the River Nairn Swans and Waterfowl Trust, I would like to wish John Barber and his Wife and Family all the best from Scotland. John is Australian but lived for the last 15 years in Nairn, he is a member of the Trust and has been a great supporter over the years. He was one of the first people who gave support when I first had the Swans Island constructed in 2007, it was greatly appreciated.  John and his good wife have just returned to Australia for good, and I for one will miss meeting him on the riverside. John was very much involved in the local community and was Treasurer of the Nairn Ceilidh Group for a while, he even had a bigger beard than me ! Anyway John, I sincerely hope you have a great retirement and "lang may yer lum reek !" 

From the grateful white Swans of the northern hemisphere, to the black ones down under, all the best.

No comments: