Thursday 29 November 2012

Disingenuous Gurn

It's nice to know that not many people are being taken in by the current victimisation perpetrated on me regarding the rats on the riverside. Most people shake their heads in disbelief at the pettiness, and Nairnites are well aware that the river has always had rats. One elderly Nairnite lady said to me a few years back " What a wonderful thing you've done down the river, with the island and all that wildlife now, and you know - they don't deserve it"  I was a bit puzzled by the latter part of the statement, but she seemed to know what she meant. Today I had yet another visit from the police, reported for feeding the birds, this is now getting into the realms of harassment and victimisation and has gone beyond a joke. The woman who reported me feeds her dozen or so gulls by the bridge everyday, and is obsessed by me feeding the swans and ducks. The gossip of some locals seems to have egged her on, going by the slanderous comments she has made about me on the internet. These comments were removed in the nick of time prior to legal action, but the bad feelings that are being aroused in the community by disingenuous gossip and innuendo are worrying. For some years now I have been systematically sniped at by our local gurn from nurn blog media, that claims " it does what it says on the tin", personally I think it does a little more than that. The gurn keeps making references to "Joe Telfer a controversial figure" the gurn has done it's best to create that impression. I'm sure the gurn knows that it is responsible for the content on its pages, it's also responsible for the comments published. I could say much much more about Des scholes aka Graisg aka Gurnmeister but suffice to say he is sailing close to the wind regarding his slant on me. I sent him an email in the past telling him " play politics all you want, but leave me and my dog out of it" So Des, aka Graisg, aka Gurnmeister, never mind what Leveson comes out with tomorrow, be more concerned with what you come out with. I haven't yet reported the rats I've seen at the bottom of water lane, because I don't see them as problem.... yet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Joe--an eye for an eye thats what they say.glarcnt 21

jayteescot1 said...

The trouble with an eye for an eye philosophy, is everyone ends up blind ! Better for people to stop being vindictive and malicious.

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for Des scholes to stop this.He is against people feeding wildlife so you are his target.Each to there own des if you read this and im sure you will.I have fed the wildlife since a child and will never stop !.Stop the bulling as i said before !.Let joe do what he enjoys doing and we will stand by him.As for the rats it the two legged one's we need to watch !.

grovecanada said...

I authorize this comment to be posted or quoted whenever necessary...

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/03/16135933/3
The link refers to Scotland & its diverse ecosystem & unique multi-faceted species complement which includes waterbirds such as the notably famous Mute Swans...

This ecosystem is at risk presently, & as such, people like Joe Telfer, have been commissioned to repair damage caused deliberately by humans,(as well as human interventions that have hurt other animal groups as collateral damage...)

The word "commissioned" means that he is doing good works that are entirely legal & approved of by international societies, & that may preclude local laws that flout the ecosystem...Petty signs such as the "Do not feed the birds" signs, posted near to endangered , at risk or protected species that are or would be near to starving without additional nutritional & other support, are to be ignored by
such "commissioned" people or other experts in that particular field...
This is not to say that anyone can flout local law...
However, as a Canadian member of The international Waterbird Society, I, Sari Grove, & my husband Joseph Grove, also a member of The Waterbird Society, from the Ontario Division, approve & thank Joe Telfer for all that he has done up to the present & look forward to more happy stories & goodness from that neck of the woods in the future to come...

Thank you Joe!

Sari Grove
GroveCanada

jayteescot1 said...

Well Sari and Joe, what can I say ! I am extremely grateful for your Support and kind words, you are a credit to Canada and the World's waterbirds ! Over the years many Nationalities have visited Nairn and admired our wildlife, including your Countrymen and Women. It is heartening to see good people like yourselves all over the world, taking positive steps to speak up on behalf of the wildlife, for they cannot speak for themselves and rely on us to do it for them. Be assured that I will continue to do what is right by the waterbirds, and make sure their rightful place is protected in our river. I'm sure your support will be noted and greatly appreciated by many over here. Hope your Trumpeters don't have too severe a winter ! Many thanks Joe.

jayteescot1 said...

Anon, I used the word Disingenuous gurn intentionally, for although making out he is against people feeding the wildlife, I have seen the Scholes many times feed the seagulls on the riverbank at the bottom of water lane. At the same time they put out the message that feeding the swans and ducks two hundred yards downstream "is not nature", and publish comments quoting words like "zoo" and "circus". Des is a political activist and likes to stir things up and stand back to see what mayhem he stirs up. As one elderly Nairnite said to me recently, "they like to meddle in everything"

Anonymous said...

i have not much time for this man and that is my personal opinion.i too have heard negative things about good old des but not being a meddler i dont bother saying anything.

Patsy Goodsir said...

Take heart Joe and know that wherever life takes us, we come up against a few morons, so blinkered they truly cannot see.

Your passion and dedication to the protection of the wonderful Nairn swans and other feathered friends is admirable.

Keep up the good work. Feel sorry for the wifey who has so little going on in her life that she feels the need to report you to the "polis".

Patsy (a loyal supporter of your dedication )

KEEP THE FAITH

jayteescot1 said...

Patsy your kind words and encouragement is much appreciated, it gives me great resolve to "keep the faith" as you put it. This I most certainly will, with loyal viewers like yourself. The birds will not go hungry this winter !