Monday 10 September 2012

Bird Dog Birthday


Some of my viewers will be wondering how my dog is doing since she has been confined to the house for the past 5 weeks. She has a leg ligament problem and is 13 today, but I fear her days of longish walks are now over. All dog owners know just how attached we are to our faithful friends and I'm no exception, she is a great companion and a joy to have around. The last 9 years she has shared with me on the river and has been party to all the contact with the birds, outdoors and at home. Even now I can put her in the garden and the birds don't fly off, they know she is no threat. Extra treats today, and hopefully she will be on the riverside again soon !
 













4 comments:

Chrissy Dargue said...

Aw, poor Millie. Can believe shes 13 now!

jayteescot1 said...

Yep, in doggie years she's about the same age as me !!!

Anonymous said...

That would be about 91 then!

jayteescot1 said...

Not quite, the correct calculation for dogs age is as follows : First two years of dogs age is 10.5 years each year, then 4 years for each year thereafter !

This is because dogs mature faster in the first two years, compared to humans.

The popular belief that dogs have a 7 year ratio to humans is actually wrong.