Tuesday 24 July 2012

Mute Swan Petition



Having looked at the appeal by my Canadian friends regarding the killing of Mute Swans in North America. I thought I would include this plea to all you Swan lovers out there, and give you the chance to sign the enclosed petition to stop the Killing ! The Canadian waterfowl lobby and others, are using the argument that the Mute Swan is a non native species and is damaging the eco system, and should therefore be eliminated. My answer to that is, what about the millions of non native human emigrants who have settled and taken over North America ? Another website worth a visit to check out the video is here. Somehow or other I don't think that Mute swans can be compared with American mink or American crayfish ! How lucky we are to have Mute Swans gracing our Harbour and waters here !



















3 comments:

grovecanada said...

I love you Joe! (in a completely platonic way) Sari

jayteescot1 said...

Awww, I'll settle for that !

jayteescot1 said...

I have contacted the RSPB on this issue and they would like more facts. They will look into it but need data and facts. Sari, Any hard data and evidence about the Canadian mute swans impact on the eco - system and environment would be greatly appreciated. Joe