Monday 25 June 2012

Swan Falling Foul of Pollution ?

Today, I noticed Popeye our resident Cob had a sore on his leg. I have taken pics and sent them down to Sue my Avian adviser in Swindon, at first glance she thinks it might be a fungal infection but will consult with her avian expert Vets to see what their opinion is. Whatever it is looks none too pleasant, and it being an open sore is obviously open to bacterial infection - Another reason we don't want sewage spilling into the river !!





































 I will take appropriate action on diagnosis. The fishing and tourist season is now upon us and I would like people to take a look at the results of fishing tackle on wildlife at Scottish SPCA site.  http://www.scottishspca.org/news/961_fishing-tackle-misery-for-swans 

No comments: