Sunday 25 March 2012

More Treatment for Popeye




After taking some more close up pics and observations of Popeye's leg, and sending them down to my Avian Advisor - Sue in Swindon. She advises that he needs Antibiotics because the leg is infected. I was worried that this might be the case and will treat him accordingly. He is ok in water because he can get by with one leg, however he can barely walk and is obviously in pain out of water. Couldn't have happened at a worse time, because his partner needs him at least until she starts incubating. Depending on what happens, I may have to take him to a vet in the not too distant future for further treatment.



I would ask people not to feed him just now because I have to give him medication orally, and need to be sure he eats it !















No comments: