Thursday 2 June 2011

Now for Something a Wee Bit Different

I expect some of you will be a bit Swanned out by now, so a little bit of a change today ! Nice shot of a heron last week. Also a local woman told me tonight that she saw a Goosander mum with two ducklings on her back up around the Howford bridge. That is something I would love to see, I had a feeling the Goosanders would be nesting on the river since I saw them mating earlier in the year. The woman also told me that she saw a duck with 9 ducklings in tow as well - looks like we're going to have a good year with ducks. The superduck is now down to 17 but they are a fair size now and should soon be safe from aerial attack. I also have another seagull casualty to care for, courtesy of Nairn Police who gave me a call about an injured gull outside the police station. It has a trailing wing that is pretty well useless and seems to have been torn from the main body although it's not broken. This is the 5th injured seagull I've had since Sonny, I took it to the vet and have bandaged it up for a while to see if the wing can be salvaged - will just have to wait and see.





















No comments: