Tuesday 30 November 2010

Freezing !

Just checked the outdoor thermometer about 10pm and it was already -10 c , looks like this will be the coldest night of the year and it's still only November ! The Harbour is frozen over, and the river is not far behind with these temperatures. The Swans have been deprived access to the seaweed on the harbour walls and were glad of the carrots,Wheat and wholemeal in the moat today.
The Ducks too were desperate for food, and the wheat and poultry pellets are ideal protein
packed food to ward off the cold !
Some guy accused me the other day of interfering with nature - he better get used to it, for I will be feeding them all winter as I do every year !

Check out the short video of the afternoon feed below.

Bought myself a pair of Yak Trax for my shoes, and I recommend them for walking on ice or packed snow - they are excellent.








No comments: