Saturday 30 October 2010

Gulls Progress Report


Steven the seagull has been with me 3 months now, still unable to take to the skies he continues to make slow progress. His inability to fan out the right wing completely is almost as frustrating for me as for him ! He did manage a 40 foot flight down into royal walk, I still live in hope that he will manage up eventually. You can see by the 2 short videos what he was like two weeks ago, and then what he was like 2 months ago. There is no doubt his wing has improved immensely and sometimes when he is pushed during play, the right wing is just about 10% short of full stretch. (Note the pic and extended right wing when playing with a ball.) He has a great sense of fun and often plays with me by tempting me with different objects in the garden. He also has plenty of bird company in the form of pigeons, sparrows and the occasional young gull dropping by. I still give him physiotherapy by teasing the wing out as far as I can .

No comments: