Sunday 6 June 2010

Summertime - and the Livin is Easy


Was a scorcher today and everything reflected this fact, we are just not used to heat in this part of the world. Was too hot even for the ducks and Swans, they just chilled out along the riverside and in the harbour. Even the herons were too hot to fish ! Nipper and Millie are still inseparable, and nipper is growing incredibly fast compared to the river ducklings.


I have 2 gull chicks on my roof which seems much earlier than usual, and the first I have seen in the town.

Spotted a starling in the garden with 2 young ones and it was ringed, first time I have noticed a ringed starling.

Also got a comment on one of my earlier posts referring to someone who had seen a Swan with 16 cygnets and asking if this was a record - sure sounds like it to me !

The duck with 11 is still unbeatable, and can be awarded the supermum title for the river this year! The Swans are settling down to the business of rearing, and the cygnets confidence grows with each passing day. (Short video showing mum feeding them in the harbour.)













No comments: