Monday 21 September 2009

Sonny Soars


Sonny is still on the go down by the river. Today I saw him take off from the water which I worried he was unable to do. I think the metacam is helping a lot and reducing the pain in his foot. He gave me the chance to take a few shots of him flying and then he landed gingerly on the island. He still spends most of the time on his own which is sad, it would be nice if he would go with the other young gulls especially at dusk.
He is looking pretty good and I hope his chances of reaching maturity have improved.














Later in the afternoon he was sitting on his hunkers near the harbour toilets, sensibly keeping out of the blustery winds. I took a short video of him, still limping a bit but enjoying the crabstick and you can see he is looking quite good !

No comments: