Wednesday 2 September 2009

Close Encounters


Sonny had a very lucky escape today whilst catching the rays on the lawn. Was mid -afternoon and the sun was high, without warning a Sparrow hawk shot out of the sky and over Sonny's head like a bullet ! Sonny screeched and jumped up from his resting position looking nervously all around, I saw the hawk land briefly on my roof before flying away. I think because I was sitting on the garden seat may have saved him from a strike. It would be ironic to lose him to a hawk when he's just about finished the course of antibiotics and almost back to good health!

Today he was walking much better and the limp was less pronounced, I think the antibiotics have really kicked in with only another days supply left.

After the Hawk scare I put Millie out to watch over him, and she dutifully obliged although a little bored with it. All being well Sonny might be fit enough to return to the wild in a few days.

No comments: